top of page

Illness Certificates

You may get Illness Benefit from the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection (DEASP) if you cannot work because you are sick or ill.  You must get a medical certificate called a ‘Certificate of Incapacity for Work’ from your GP. Your GP completes the certificate and can submit it electronically through a secure online system. Sometimes the GP can provide one certificate to cover the duration of your illness, otherwise you will need to return for further review.


To open your claim you can apply online here.

Your employer may require you to provide a separate medical certificate ('sick note/work cert' from your GP) when you are on sick leave. For example, you may have to provide a medical certificate if you are out sick for more than 2 or 3 consecutive days. 

Please note that you must see a GP to receive an illness benefit certificate or medical certificate. If you need to extend either cert, you may submit the below form and we will contact you if you need to be reviewed by a GP.

By submitting this form you will be sending personal/sensitive information about yourself across the Internet. Please read our privacy statement to discover how we protect and manage your submitted data. Whilst every effort is made to keep this information secure, you should be aware that we cannot offer any guarantees of absolute privacy. If this matter concerns you then you should use another method of contacting the practice.

bottom of page